sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

Ford BF XR6: my 2006 BF heat has stopped working. I have put

Customer Question

my 2006 BF heat has stopped working. I have put in new themerstat in and still no joy. Can you help please Ian.
Category: Australia Car
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Heater no working in car, but engine temp is fine, although the engine warning light is on all the time.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!
If engine temperature is normal but there is no heat then you either have a restricted heater core or a blend door issue. The blend door is the door in the heater box that controls temperature.
If you're able to control temperature on a/c but the heat is poor then a restricted heater core is likely. If you're unable to control temperature at all then the issue is with the blend door. The door may have broken or it could be bound up in the heater box, the actuator that moves it may have failed, or it could be a control head or wiring issue.