Curtis
Curtis, Australia Car Mechanic
Experience:  Qualified Automotive Mechanic, LPG & Airconditioning Diagnostic Technician.
29271542

Holden vy: my name is ***** ***** wanting to know, How do

Customer Question

Hi my name is ***** ***** wanting to know, How do you get to the bleeder nipple inside the gearbox of a vz ss 6spd manual i have limited tools and am stuck at mates place any help would greatly appreciated
Category: Australia Car
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
its a 2003 vy ss ute 5.7ltr ls1 and not a 2004-5 vz like i thought cheers again
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.
Hi Stew, You need an 11mm 3/8 or 1/4 drive deep socket, an appropriate extension bar, and mini breaker bar or ratchet. The bleed nipple is accessed through the same opening as to where the fluid line goes into the bellhousing area. Look into the opening with a light and mirror, you will see the nipple. Once you have selected the combination of tools you will use, 2 things to be wary of: 1 don't drop anything inside, 2 do NOT remove the nipple. Bleeding makes a mess of fluid, just flush some water through the same opening after you finished bleeding. Hope this makes sense and helps you. Gary