Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.
14928985

Maxima: I am trying to get a 1998 Nissan Maxima started after

Customer Question

I am trying to get a 1998 Nissan Maxima started after 9 months of not being used. The battery has recharged but the warning alarm goes off when I try to reconnect the battery terminals. The engine oil appears very low so I propose to insert some oil next. I will then check the auto transmission oil and cooler levels. Are there any other things that trigger the alarm like power brake fluid and power steering fluid.
Its a good car and has not been used much in the last five years as my wife got sick, but it had a thorough mechanical overhaul in 2013 new battery new alternator, starter motor overhaul, new harmonic balancer and was going well when we moved to a new address 9 months ago.
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
Check and make sure all engine wiring is o.k. as damaged wiring may be causing this issue here.if this is o.k. try locking and unlocking the drivers door with the key or remote and see if the alarm then stops and allows starting again.
If none of this works here let me know.
Thanks Pete