Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.
14928985

735il: i have an e38 735il thebattery went flat when i went

Customer Question

i have an e38 735il thebattery went flat when i went to start it later theignition lights and all electricals worked but the starter is dead as if the trans is in gear. is there someway to bypass the isolation switch to check this. the vehicle is several ks out of town any ideas would be great many thanks john.
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Pete replied 2 years ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
My info is limited on your model here but I see no one else has responded and thought I would see if I can help here.
If you have not had the electronic ignition switch tested this should be done as there may be an issue with the switch itself causing this issue here needing replaced.The first thing that needs done is to have the fault codes read out/checked to see if any codes are set and then this will help diagnose the fault further.
If this was already done and all found to be o.k. let me know.
Thanks Pete