Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.
14928985

Toyota coaster: ,i have a 2000 toyota coaster with a 1HD-FTE

Customer Question

Hi,i have a 2000 toyota coaster with a 1HD-FTE engine.there are times when accelerating and it won't respond,but if i keep my foot on the pedal,after about 4-5 seconds it comes in with its normal power, it hapens randomly, it's an electronic accelerator. thank you for help. joe.
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
My info is limited on your model here but I see no one else has responded and thought I would see if I can help here.
If there is no check engine light and the pedal does not cause the engine to respond at all when this occurs this sounds like a possible fault with the electronic accelerator pedal itself with the sensor on it failing.I have seen this occur before and had to replace the pedal assembly.
This will need tested further to verify this is the cause here,usually checked with a scan tool monitoring the data from this sensor.
Thanks Pete