Eric Gardner
Eric Gardner, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE, Bachelors Degree in Automotive Technology, Automotive Technician for 5 years
78075103

2010 Ve v6 series 2: I have just bought a ve 2010 ute

Customer Question

Hello I have just bought a ve 2010 ute with 200 000 on the clock it's been looked over left and right and has 12 month warranty now just had it one day and the check engine light came on just looking for advice it will get fixed but could there be a serious problem or is this just a minor look over
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Eric Gardner replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thanks for using just answer.

Answering your question about could this be serious. Most likely not. If the vehicle is running well and the check engine light is not flashing but steadily remaining on, I can safely say this won't be a major problem.

To help you further diagnose the issue, it would be very helpfull if you could have a auto parts store or repair shop scan the vehicle to see what codes are being set. Once I have those codes I can help you narrow down a diagnoses.

I hope this helps and please let me know the outcome.