Gary
Gary, Australia Car Mechanic
Experience:  Senior Technician
84449473

Holden Commodore sv6 series 2: I have just purchased a 2011

Customer Question

Hi I have just purchased a 2011 sv6 series 2 6 sp manual and on driving it this morning it was fine then I got back in it to go out of town and it started to shake when I put my foot on accelerator any help would be fantastic I don't have a golden dealer near by to take it to the closest is 1 hr away
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.
Hi there,
I work for holden.
Does the engine light come on?
Does it feel like a misfire running on 5 cylinders all the time or only under load?
Hopefully only an ignition coil failure, since they run individual coils, one per cylinder.
Hope this helps.
Gary
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi thank you for your response I ended up getting it looked at and it was 2 screws missing from the tailshft and only Half of another one there so basically I had one screw there
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.
Hi there,
Good to hear you fixed your problem.
Sounds like somebody must have forgotten to tighten the tailshaft after removal for some other reason.
Gary