Gary
Gary, Australia Car Mechanic
Experience:  Senior Technician
84449473

Holden VZ Crewman: CurtisHad fuel pump on VZ Crewman relaced

Customer Question

Curtis
Had fuel pump on VZ Crewman relaced 12 moths ago and from day 1 on cold startup threw raw fuel out of exhaust. Mechanic said injectors were leaking, yes injected were fully serviced, still had raw fuel issue on cold start up.Now told the pressure setting on pump faulty. HELP. Tank removed again fuel is leaking badly from tank when nearly full, mechanic claims a part must have broke when refitting tank. do you know what part it could possibly be.
Regards ***** ***** for any advice given, Dale
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.
Hi there,
If he says the fuel pressure is higher than expected, then yes the internal regulator (part of the pump assembly) is faulty.
The leak when full could be the filler neck hose, or even the neck of the tank, could be simple fix, could need a new tank.
Either way, the rear tub has to come off again.
He'll learn you don't do things by halves on a job like this.
Hope this helps.
Gary
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please
Not impressed with the responce as you have told me nothing new, that i did not tell you.
Please i am not impress with you chaging method as it reads $5 dollars deposit and the rest if you are happy with reponce.
Sorry not happy with answer,or billing method.
Please refund my money.
Dale
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.
Hi there,
I've told you what I have seen before with this style of tank that we have many cars.
I've told you nothing new? I've told you the rear tub has to come off again to ascertain what the leak is.
You can't tell me what it is, and you are with the car.
I have a chance of knowing what it is, and I'm not with the car.
Gary