Glenn Bradley
Glenn Bradley, Australian Car Mechanic
Experience:  Ex Transmission Shop Owner, Driveline Specialist, 30+ years in the Australian Automotive Industry
34315307

Falcon au 11 forte wagon: transmission problems it doesnt go

Customer Question

transmission problems it doesnt go into reverse properly
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Glenn Bradley replied 1 year ago.
Hi, it's Glenn here, glad to have you as a customer. I'd like to help you with your question.How long has your car been doing this?Does it have all forward gears working ok?How many km's has the car done?Have you noticed any unusual lights coming up?Have you noticed any transmission fluid leaks?What's the transmissions history - any servicing or repairs throughout it's life?Please tell me all that you can. Glenn
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it has been happening for about 3 weeks
forward is ok.
847000 klms
no lights
no leaks
the person i bout the car off is a mechanic and i took it ot him and he repaced the transmission filter and oil.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it made no difference at all.
also i had a previous model and when i came down a hill near me it had sharp corners and i put the car in second gear and it worked but this one didn't even though i stopped and took off in second.but wouldn't stay in that gear.
Ok, thanks for the extra information - very helpful.
Unfortunately the news I have for you isn't great. Your reverse issue is caused by a major internal fault. Although the transmission is electronically controlled even if the electronics were failing the transmission should always have a solid reverse.
You will need a replacement transmission.
Don't forget that if you have any more questions or you are unsure of what I mean in the information provided please ask for more clarification, I'm only too happy to work with you to achieve a good result.
Cheers Glenn.