sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

Ssang yong Rexton turbo dies: !My boyfriend has a 2008?

Customer Question

Hello!
My boyfriend has a 2008? Ssang yong rexton which is a turbo diesel. At the moment it is having issues with accelerating. You put your foot on the accelerater and it does nothing. No revs and it doesn't stall either.
Could it be a build up of carbon in the intake? Or sensor problem? It probably needs a good service as well....I think the check engine light comes on sometimes but we have been told that it is just a ssang yong "fault" and you can't fix it?
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

Carbon buildup can cause driveability issues but it won't cause what you appear to be describing. If the accelerator pedal does nothing whatsoever then I would first suspect an issue with the accelerator pedal position sensor or it's wiring.

The first step in diagnosing the problem will be to see what fault codes have set. The engine light is on because the engine controller has seen an issue somewhere in a monitored system or component and has set a fault code, there is a good chance that whatever has turned the light on is directly related to this problem.