indy-tech
indy-tech, Australia Car Mechanic
Experience:  All import and domestic car repairs and diagnostics
29331485

Nissan/Datsun D22: The Engine light comes on then no power.

Customer Question

The Engine light comes on then no power. I turn the key off and on then it comes good for about 10km. what do you think is the problem
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  indy-tech replied 1 year ago.
Hi ..

You need to get hooked up to a diagnostic scan tool to check for any malfunction codes.

The check engine light will come on if the management system sees a malfunction and depending on the sensor that has malfunction will reduce your engine power ,

The only way to find this is with a scan tool as there are many different sensors that could fail and cause you this issue ..

Please get back to me with the reply button and not the poor or bad service rating ,
This way i can get back to you with further assistance or offer assistance with another expert .

Rgds Greg