Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.
14928985

Prado: I just replaced the starter motor in my v6 petrol prado

Customer Question

I just replaced the starter motor in my v6 petrol prado (2003) and now the oil pressure light is on
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
My info is limited on your model here but I see no one else has responded and thought I would see if I can help here.
Check and make sure you didn't bump any electrical connections loose or damage any wiring to the oil pressure sender assembly in the area of the starter or where you had performed any work.Usually this is the cause here where wiring or a sensor was damaged or disconnected or shorted after a repair has been done and causes this.If this is all checked and found to be o.k. let me know.
Thanks Pete