Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.
14928985

Transmissions Ace: I have a 1998 Toyota Hiace with an Automatic

Customer Question

I have a 1998 Toyota Hiace with an Automatic transmission, Model LH113V. Trans A45DL. I have been told to get it rebuilt as it will not engage top gear all the time.
I also have a 1991 Hiace which no longer reaches a warrant standard. (Rust). Model LH102V. Trans A45DL. Could I use the second transmission, also automatic, as a replacement?
Thanks
Coop
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
My info is limited on your model here but I see no one else has responded and thought I would see if I can help here.
You will have to inspect a diagram of the transmissions to see if they are the same.Even though they are the same number components inside of them are usually different between the years and will cause shifting and operation issues.In some cases if you change out the transmission wiring and the computer it may work but its always best to go with the same year and model transmission for it to operate properly.
Thanks Pete