Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.
14928985

We have a Hyundai ix35 highlander and the steering wheel

Customer Question

Hi We have a Hyundai ix35 highlander and the steering wheel is locked and ignition won't start
regards
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Pete replied 2 years ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
My info is limited on your model here but I see no one else has responded and thought I would see if I can help here.
On some models the steering will lock the ignition if the steering is turned to tight on one direction.Try turning the steering hard back and forth while trying to turn the key and see if it released and turns on the engine then.If this does not work on some models if the battery is low on voltage this can also occur.Try recharging the battery or a jump start and see if this corrects the fault.If neither of these work here this can be the ignition cylinder itself at fault mechanically needing repaired or replaced.
Thanks Pete