sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

Ford laser 2001 model 1.6L wont start put timing belt kit

Customer Question

ford laser 2001 model 1.6L wont start put timing belt kit on no spark had cam and crank disconnected when I did the belt.
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 2 years ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!
The first thing I would recommend is checking for fault codes. Most issues that will cause a loss of spark will set a fault code and that would give a starting point for diagnosis.
Assuming the engine controller is awake and the only thing you're missing is spark, the most likely cause for a loss of spark directly after having the timing belt off would be improper cam timing. If the cam and crank signals aren't both present and in sync with each other it will disable spark. If there are no fault codes set then I would recommend monitoring the signals and sync with a scan tool, or double checking cam timing.