sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

My 2013 mazda bt50 has spewed all the engine oil into the water

Customer Question

My 2013 mazda bt50 has spewed all the engine oil into the water reservoir and no doubt the cooling system. I have replaced the oil cooler and flushed the cooling system a number of times but after 150 km the same thing has happened. Any idea on what is causing this and how to fix it ?
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

A ruptured oil cooler is definitely the most likely cause for oil in the cooling system but it could also be a block, head or headgasket issue.

It's very possible that the oil you're seeing is still residual. There may have been a large quantity of oil in the cooling system and depending on method you may not be getting it all flushed out. What method are you using to flush it?