Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.
14928985

Mazda 2005: Good morning,I have a 2005 AWD Mazda Tribute V6,

Customer Question

Good morning,I have a 2005 AWD Mazda Tribute V6, there is a vibration and sound that appears to come from around the front floor area, so far on advice I have replaced the two top engine mounts and the front left hand side mounting bush, the left rear has not been done, the vibration starts around 75/78 KMh, I have tried the following, there is no change in the vibration/sound when the acceleration is neutralised or backed off although when full power is applied the vibration decreases and is not noticeable,it returns when the required speed is gained.
I have taken the vehicle for a long run and there does not appear to be any excessive heating in any of the CV, hanger bearing or uni joints.
The vehicle has 89,000 Kms on the clock and has been maintained
Category: Australia Car
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The transmission has been flushed and there is no slippage, gears change as they should,there is no slippage.The brake fluid has been changed, a new water pump wash fitted as the original seized.
The trans axle fluid was also changed, no metal found.
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
In some cases this type of fault here can be caused by bent or damaged exhaust or exhaust shields.If these have not been inspected under the vehicle to see if this is the cause here this needs done.One other issue I have seen is damaged bearings inside the transmission like an output shaft bearing.I would have the transmission inspected as well for any issues and repaired as needed.
Thanks Pete