Kevin
Kevin, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Diagnostic technician
84635724

Volkswagen crafter: Matt I have just Replaced the DPF filter

Customer Question

Hi Matt I have just Replaced the DPF filter in my VW Crafter 2007. But the light are still on and the car runs in limp mode
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.
Hi I'm Kevin. Have you had vehicle scanned before or after fitting ? What led you to believe it needed new dpf
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

first the warning lights ( dpf,coil and engine) then the car went in to limp mode. Had it scanned and DPF showed as been blocked. Tried to clear it with fuel additive to no avail. Then purchased a new DPF from UK and fitted it. But the ECU still has the faults, the car runs much better but still in limp mode. I have tried to disconnect the battery for 1 hour to reboot the ECU, I have erased the engine fault code on the ECU but it comes back

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

UP date. Took the car for 1/2 hour drive turned the engine off. Started again and all the warning lights where off. Drives like a new car

Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.
To be fair that's exactly what I expected you to say it takes a while for the car do establish that the failure has gone and reset normally 2-3 drive cycles which is about 12-15 miles if you need any further help please be sure to come back to me