Dr. Hamman
Dr. Hamman, Automotive Engineer
Experience:  30 years experience, Repairing, building, & designing, automobiles.
9795573

Volkswagon Kombi: Clutch adjustment 1969 VW Kombi

Customer Question

Clutch adjustment for a 1969 VW Kombi
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Dr. Hamman replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I am a professional certified mechanic, with an engineering background, and 35+ years experience. I will do my best to assist you. Also keep in mind I don't know if you are a pro or a novice, so feel free to add any additional info at any time.
What you want to look at for the clutch adjustment is, how far you can push the pedal down before you take the slack out of the cable. This free play should be 3/8, to 3/4" of an inch. As far as the point off the floor it engages that will be determined a lot by the thickness of the clutch disc, and the pressure plate/clutch cover design. The correct 3/8, to 3/4" of an inch of free play will set the clutch adjustment up like it should be. Go over all of this and if you have any more questions at all, I am here to help. Good luck with it, have a great day, and Thanks for using Just Answer.
I do not get paid for my work unless you rate at 3 to 5 Smiley Faces or Stars, a bonus is always greatly appreciated. If the answer is not clear, let me know what additional help you need, and I will be happy to assist you further.
Expert:  Dr. Hamman replied 1 year ago.
Were you able to get this adjusted.