sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

Mate I have a 2006 deisel pathfinder that dash lights started

Customer Question

Mate I have a 2006 deisel pathfinder that dash lights started flashing and was running but as soon as I turned it off wouldn't start
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!
Without knowing what it's actually doing now when attempting to start the engine I'm assuming that it doesn't crank. If dash lights were flashing and then it wouldn't restart then odds are the battery is dead because it wasn't charging. If the charging system isn't working then warning lights will come on as battery voltage to modules starts to fall off past a level where they can correctly operate.
What I would recommend is either charging the battery, swapping in a known good one, or having this one load tested. Once the battery is up and the engine is running then the charging system should be tested.