Matt, Engineer
Experience:  Automotive Engineer for 20 years, BEng hons degree,
12772297

Porsche 98 Boxster: it seems i have activated my immobilized

Customer Question

it seems i have activated my immobilized car will not start
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.
Hello

I'd suggest resetting the ECU by disconnecting the battery cables and clamping them together for 10 mins. Remove both battery leads from the battery then use a nut and bolt or G-clamp to hold both battery lead terminals together.

This discharges any capacitors / memory within the ECU and around the car so ensures all memory settings are wiped clear - back to the factory default.

This will reset all the systems on the car and you may need the radio security code to get it going again, and ensure that the keys are in your hand when you re-connect the battery as the car may lock and turn on the alarm

it would also be well worth charging the battery as if a little bit low then this too can set the security system off