Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Tech
7276279

We drive an Accord 1994 It was gone dark. We were returning from Napi

Customer Question

We drive an Accord 1994 It was gone dark. We were returning from Napier, when, nearly home as we approached the Waireka bridge Pa said, 'I think I've got a 'flatty'!' We glided over the bridge and into the side of the road. 'F. c!.k!' howls Pa...'it's all locked up!' We tried to restart, but every alarm light on the dashboard showed. It was a real light show. What do? What do?
Pa went off for help. I was all alone. It's dark down there by the bridge at night, no cell phone coverage, '...the wind a torrent of darkness ..moon a ghostly galleon...that sort of thing.
Then I thought, six bottles of wine and a week's supply of groceries in the boot. What more could a couple of 7o year olds want from life! Meantime, I know....
Honda has committed a mortal sin for these remote parts , so suspect Pa is considering your suggestion of a death sentence. . Will keep you informed...but I remain agrieved that you should think so unkindly of4
Submitted: 1 year ago via CarComplaints.com.
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
If I am reading your question properly it sounds to me like you may have lost your charging system, I would start with having the battery checked and if it show to be dead and or low on voltage see if you can get it charged and the engine running and check your charging system. Normal charging voltage with the engine running needs to be right at 14 volts. Anything less would indicate the alternator has failed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi RonNot sure what to do...I think our emails have been crossing. Let's start again if necessary. We live miles from help, so need to get the vehicle going.
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
Imp here everyday, the first thing I want you to do is to check the battery and the charging system if able to.