Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.
14928985

Bmw 118i: HiAbout to purchase a 2005 BMW 118i. It's done

Customer Question

Hi
About to purchase a 2005 BMW 118i. It's done 88k on the clock. Drives well but requires a new seal for the oil filter housing. Is that a major issue? Or signals other issues?
Purchase price of the car is approx. 10k.
Thanks very very much
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Pete replied 2 years ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here. Replacing a leaking seal like this here may cost around $200 in some repair facilities.I have seen it as high as $400 all depending on where it is replaced.Seals shrink over time or can become dry and damaged and leak like this here needing replaced.If you have or see no other issues with the vehicle this would not be a bad repair to have done after the vehicle is purchased. Thanks Pete