Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.
14928985

Chrysler PT Cruiser Touring: I have a 2005 2.4 auto I recently

Customer Question

I have a 2005 2.4 auto I recently changed engines and swap all sensors over to new motor. I fitted the cam angle sensor plug onto the coil pack and visa versa motor would not start I found what I had done I have switched back motor runs fine but pings when accelerating I have replaced the map sensor and the crank angle sensor it is running on 98 pulp but still pings like its in limp home mode. the original code was barometric manifold pressure to high and voltage high. can you help please
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here. My info is limited on your model here but I see no one else has responded and thought I would see if I can help here. Check and make sure the engine timing is set where it should be and that the timing components have not slipped/jumped as this can cause the pinging you have here.If there is an issue with the timing components this will need resolved to correct this fault here. Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i'm also a A grade mechanic I have done all that I have run a scan tool over it as well This is why I'm on this site to get the info from a chyrsler tech. any more Ideas ? thanks Marcus
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
Unfortunately this is all of the info I have here myself on this.I will have to open this question up for others here to see if they can assist further on this as someone else here may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.
Thanks Pete