Joe
Joe, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE, electronics, Marine inboards and electronics, automotive drivability, all around repair tech,
20508815

I bought a brand new 600 holley carb 308 holden red

Customer Question

I bought a brand new 600 holley carb for my 308 holden red motor it runs good except fot a popping kind of backfire up through the carb I was told head gasket then another mech said definitely not the head, any help would be great thanks, ***** ***** of Morgan.                              the fuel poors in instead if a jet???

Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Joe replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you with your concern today.

I would start off by preforming a correct carb adjustment which includes the accelerator pump adjustment. Another thing would be checking the jetting and also making sure it is the correct carb for the application as well as checking the secondaries are working correctly. I would again check there are no vacuum leaks. And check your float adjustment. Check your coil, check your plugs including try replacing them and gap accordingly, checking valve adjustment, check timing and making sure balancer has not moved (the ring), as well as making sure you have "good" fuel and that the fuel has no debris.

Thank you!

- Joe

Please rate my answer when ready. Bonuses are appreciated.

If for any reason you are not satisfied please reply back to me for further assistance to which I will be glad to help you. The rating system is only to rate me as an expert not the site or the product. If you have any problems for any reason please reply back and let me know.

Thanks again for using justanswer and have a great day!

If you need any further assistance you can reply back at any time for my help.

I'd be happy to answer any other questions you have even if not related.