Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.
14928985

Toyota Prado: Pete,I went to start my 98 petrol prado this

Customer Question

Hi Pete,I went to start my 98 petrol prado this morning and it wouldn't start. sounded like no fuel. Both tanks are over half full.
I just noticed that when I flick the sub fuel switch to main tank, the light stays on on the sub tank.
Any ideas?
Cheers Craig
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Pete replied 2 years ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
My info is limited on your model here but I see no one else has responded and thought I would see if I can help here.
This fault here may be caused by a fault with the fuel pump itself.I have seen several fuel pump failures in the past cause this type of fault here and had to replace the pump.I would have this tested as well as the fault codes checked to see what codes are set to pinpoint the fault here.
Thanks Pete