Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.
14928985

I have a rodeo 2008 tubo diesel which has a rattle in the valve

Customer Question

I have a rodeo 2008 tubo diesel which has a rattle in the valve rockers and has blow back from the oil cap when removed I have had 3 mechanic look at the vehicle because of this noise with out having much luck an lest spending large amount of money to further diagnose the problem. So I want to remove the rocker cover to check that the rockers and springs are in good order are there any ideas you have what this noise could be and are there any pit fall in remove rodeo diesel rocker cover the vehicle still has good power and users very little oil but has dune 240 thousand klm have you worked on these vehicles regards david
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
My info is limited on your model here but I see no one else has responded and thought I would see if I can help here.
I don't have the info on removing the rocker cover or rockers but if you have a cylinder valve issue with one leaking or not closing properly this may be causing the noise you have as well as the blow back here.If you have not had a compression test done to see if cylinder compression is o.k. this needs done.If you find one or more cylinders low on compression this may be related to the valves in the cylinder head for that cylinder needing replaced.
Thanks Pete
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

I am following up with you to see if you still needed help with your question you had asked.If my help didn't satisfy your question please let me know so we can continue.

Thanks Pete