Mechanic Martyn
Mechanic Martyn, Australia Car Mechanic
Experience:  Advanced trade certificate in Automotive engineering
17982882

I have a 2005 pursuit BA Pursuit ute that wont crank.

Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Mechanic Martyn replied 1 year ago.
Hello. Is the red light blinking on the instrument cluster for the immobiliser? And does it stop blinking when you turn the key on?
regards
Mechanic Martyn
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Martyn

The smart shield is blinking when key is off but stops blinking when key is turned on but the engine still does nothing. The auto electrician when he called around yesterday afternoon said he had had the engine cranking somehow but it didn,t fire but I,m not sure what he did to get it to crank as it is still not firing.

Thanks Wade.

Hi Wade
Try turning all accessories off - everything this is important - then turn the key to the on position and leave it there for 30 minutes - then turn it to crank - don't turn it back or you will have to start again.
Try that see if we can get some life out of it.
regards
Mechanic Martyn
Mechanic Martyn, Australia Car Mechanic
Experience: Advanced trade certificate in Automotive engineering
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Martyn

I tried what you said today but no good, I went and bought a new ultra high performance battery as the one in the ute was showing black instead of being green and I tried the procedure again but still nothing.

Thanks Wade.

Okay - good idea with the battery. How many keys do you have.
I suspect the car has forgotten your key - they are electronically coded or the code in your key has become corrupted a strong magnetic field can do this.
If you don't have a spare key hidden away somewhere the only way to get the key talking to the ignition barrel on the BA is to get a Ford dealer to plug in their equipment to the cars diagnostic port and do it that way - there is no way around it.
I assume the sparky just bridged the starter motor to get it cranking - proves the starter is ok but doesn't get it going and I would assume he checked wiring etc.
I am sorry but it's a phone call to your local ford dealer.
regards
Mechanic Martyn
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

ok I did try the spare key Friday and just tried it again with the new battery put in but still no go .Thanks for advise anyway much appreciated Iwill get in touch with the local ford dealer.