Mechanic Martyn
Mechanic Martyn, Australia Car Mechanic
Experience:  Advanced trade certificate in Automotive engineering

Holden Barina 4 Door Hatch XC: My 2004 XC Barina works beautifully

My 2004 XC Barina works beautifully until it reaches a certain temperature (normal operating temp), then the Engine Management light comes on.
It is in Limp Mode but still able to be driven, even though down a little on power.
Last night I did the pedal test twice and came up with 2 fault code numbers....1122 and 1550.
my mechanic diagionised the faults on Saturday as TPS and or Gas Pedal Sensor.....Air Cond Relay came up as well and I have purchased a new one yet to be fitted.
The problem is do I purchase a TPS or a Gas Pedal Sensor?
Regards........Peter D.
Hello -Buy the TPS -the air conditioning relay won't make the symptoms you are experiencing.
It's really surprising how often air con relays come up on codes - it's a bit of a mystery.
But as I said replace the TPS and you will see an improvement.
Mechanic Martyn
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Would it only be the TPS, my mechanic said it could either be the TPS, or the Gas Pedal Sensor.

Would a faulty Gas Pedal Sensor bring on the Engine Management Light or could it only be the Throttle Position Sensor.

To buy both these items is very expensive.

I reckon the fault will lay with the TPS - it's more affected by heat, and since your fault seems to be affected by heat - thats the way I'd go.
Mechanic Martyn