Marty
Marty, Australia Car Mechanic
Experience:  Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 34 years experience.
13230946

From Tim 380 SL with no spark. Your diagnotic chart was of

From Tim 380 SL with no spark. Your diagnotic chart was of great help. Installed new ignition control unit. Starts just fine. Will be installing a new coil very soon. Pin 5 voltage is still 2.2 volts below battery voltage. Is this a concern? Here is a new question to an old problem. Idle rpm is sometimes perfect, other times too high or low. Now that the weather has warmed, the rpm is too low (about 400 rpm). When I get this fixed I'll work on the A/C electical problem.

eurotec : Hi Tim, I'd expect pin 5 in the diagnostic plug to be near battery voltage. I'd check the voltage at the coil positive terminal and see what you have. If your are still low I'd suspect an ignition switch fault. If the car is running fine you may be ok for now. On your idle speed it sounds like you have a bad idle control unit located behind the glove box. I'd also tighten all of the pin connectors at the control unit and at the idle valve.
eurotec : Let me know if you have any questions.