Tom, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Qualified to repair all makes and models.

Kia Pregio: My 2005 Kia Pregio has been locked with the central

My 2005 Kia Pregio has been locked with the central looking mechanism but the door ajar light is on and there is an alarm sounding - just a slow beeep beeep beeep continuously; what is wrong? I've tried manually unlocking then opening and closing each of them with the key, but it still continues. When I start the engine and close the doors it goes off. please help :-)
Hi Im Tom and Im here to assist you with your issue today .This can be caused by a faulty door switch or door latch thats why the interior light is staying on making the vehicles computer think the door is open and will affect the alarm also .Has this been checked?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi there - the interior light isn't on, but about a week ago I broke a key off in the passenger door and haven't been able to extract it yet. I can lock the door from the inside, it also locks from the central locking (by using the key once the doors are all closed) or pushing the lock across on the drivers door and then closing it.

Once all doors are locked the interior light goes out and the doors can't be opened unless you use the key in the drivers door...I'm not sure of the timing, but approximately 15 seconds to several minutes an alarm of sorts starts to sound and the door ajar light comes on in the dashboard.

The vehicle doesn't have a security alarm installed so the 'alarm' sound as per my previous message is this low tone repeating beep from within the dashboard somewhere.

I have not sent the vehicle to anyone for repairs either, you would be the first person I have checked the problem with!

OK thats the issue with the key broken in the door will cause all your issues .You will need to get that key extracted which can be done by a mobile locksmith or a shop for about 100 dollars and then you will have no other issues.Whats happening is the vehicle is reading the key is in the door causing the interior light to stay on as well as the alarm.This will fix tour issue and are the next steps.Remember Im here if you need any further assistance for anything at all just let me know it will be for no further charge.Please rate excellent service so I can e credit for my help thanks.Bonuses greatly appreciated.