VLADGMRU
VLADGMRU, Auto Electrician
Experience:  I've been working with American made cars since 1992.

Chrysler Grand Voyager: where is the fuse box located. I have

where is the fuse box located. I have a blown fuse for the reverse lights on my Chrysler Grand Voyager 2004 Model
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  VLADGMRU replied 1 year ago.

VLADGMRU :

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer.

VLADGMRU :

My name is Vlad.

VLADGMRU :

You car has only one fuse box and it is located in the engine compartment under the bonnet. You can find it just next to the battery.

VLADGMRU :

I have some news that you might not expect to hear but there is no fuse for reverse lights on your car. The Body Control Module supplies +12V to the rear back-up lamps and this circuit is not protected by any fuse. The system is supposed to be diagnosed with a DRB III scan tool. It is possible that you have just a wiring issue but I have seen once when the BCM was the reason.

VLADGMRU :

You can disconnect the BCM connector C2 and supply +12v to the terminal #9 which is White/Light Green wire. if your reverse lights come ON when you supply power, then your wiring to the back-up lamps is OK and the BCM for some reason does not supply voltage to this circuit. It could be BCM itself or it might not receive request from another module . This is a pretty complex system and that is why I mentioned a DRB III scan tool. Without the scan tool it could be just easily misdiagnosed resulting in unnecessary parts replacing.

Customer:

Customer:

Thanks for that Vlad,

Customer:

The reason for wanting the fuse for the reverse light is I am trying to fit a reverse camera and was hoping to take the trigger for it from the fuse. Whilst trying to find it and then trying to trace back from the globe I accidently shorted it out. The interesting thing was that 30mins after i did this the light worked again, as though the "fuse" had reset itself. I have not had much experience working with the electrics of these cars. I guess ill have to run the trigger wire from the rear of the car unless you have an alternative location?

VLADGMRU :

VLADGMRU :

Because the reverse lights are controlled by the Body Control Module, the BCM is smart enough to see a short and disable the circuit to prevent the future damage. After the problem solved, it will start working again.

VLADGMRU :

You connect your trigger wire at the rear lamps or you can T-splice at the BCM connector C2 to to the White/Light Green wire which is terminal #9.

VLADGMRU :

The BCM is located closer to the RH side kick panel, you should be able to find it if you check the area where your brake and accelerator pedals are.

VLADGMRU :

Full Size Image

VLADGMRU :

Full Size Image

VLADGMRU :

Hope this information helps. Please rate my answer as OK service or higher if you find my services useful so that I can get credit from the deposit you've made. if you need more help. please just reply back. Cheers,Vlad

VLADGMRU, Auto Electrician
Experience: I've been working with American made cars since 1992.
Expert:  VLADGMRU replied 1 year ago.

Hi David,

Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer.

I am just checking if my answer helped you and if you might need more assistance.

I would also be happy to know what you have found and what the problem was.

If you are happy with my answers and find it useful, could you please actually rate my answer as OK Service or higher so that I can get paid for my time and effort?

This is the only way we (experts) get paid.

If customers do not rate our answers or give negative rating, the deposit you make just stays as a deposit and experts do not receive a cent!

If you need more assistance, please just reply back.
Kind regards,
Vlad.