VLADGMRU
VLADGMRU, Auto Electrician
Experience:  I've been working with American made cars since 1992.

Ford Territory: How to program ford territory keys

Customer Question

How to program ford territory keys
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  VLADGMRU replied 1 year ago.

VLADGMRU :

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer.

VLADGMRU :

My name is Vlad

VLADGMRU :

If you are talking about an ignition key, then it should be programmed at your dealer as it requires using a scan tool. Some locksmith might be able to it for you.

VLADGMRU :

If you are talking about remote, then try the following: turn the ignition key in the accessory position, depress rear defog button 3 times within 10 seconds, you door locks should lock and unlock confirming you are in the learn mode, after that just press any button on your remote.

VLADGMRU :

If it does not work, it is likely that your remote is faulty. Carefully inspect battery contact soldering on the remote circuit board and re-solder it or order a new remote

Customer :

im not quiet sure if the program in the remote device has been erased ,i replaced with new cell batt but still no response when you press the button.One more problem is my reverse monitor blacken out after 10sec while reversing.

VLADGMRU :

Try to program your remote as I mentioned above. If it does not work, then it is likely that your remote is bad and you may want to try to program a known good remote to you vehicle.

VLADGMRU :

Sorry, but I can't help you with reverse camera issue.

Customer :

I did precisely your instruction even before these i tried it already thats why i sought your help but there is no response even the lock and unlock sequence to relearn the key from the device inside the car. More likely my remote device not working.

Customer :

I dont want to be mean,but why you cant help me with the reverse camera issue,your the expert but only with the price, Im frustrated with my basic problem that's why I sought your help and not went to car service center because they grab more money and sometimes cant trust them, the reverse camera issue is just a litmus test how far you can outgive information.

VLADGMRU :

Hi, maybe it is a different procedure for 2008 model year but it worked for me on 2005 Territory.

VLADGMRU :

I would gladly help you with the reverse camera but I have no experience with it and I do not want to give you wrong answers. I have experience with American cars and I work in Australia for Chrysler dealership but I have two Falcons and I also helped my mate with his Territory, so I have some experience with Australian Fords but sorry, can't help with the camera.Unfortunately Ford didn't offer me a job 2,5 years ago when I came to Australia while Chrysler did. If I just could actually see you vehicle, then I would be probably able to fix it.

VLADGMRU :

Please check this LINK

Expert:  VLADGMRU replied 1 year ago.
Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.