ozlegend4770
ozlegend4770, Australia Car Mechanic
Experience:  Having been in the Automotive Industry no for over 24 years, I can help you out.
62924446

Ford 3.2 Ranger 4x4: I have a 2012 Ford Ranger 3.2 my problem

I have a 2012 Ford Ranger 3.2 my problem is that each time the vehicle is started the aircon comes on automatically. Is there any way to override this so that I don't have to switch off the aircon every time?
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  al-mod replied 5 years ago.
Hi, I’m a Moderator for this topic and I wonder whether you’re still waiting for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will do my best to find an Expert to assist you right away. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!
Expert:  ozlegend4770 replied 5 years ago.
This may be something that is switchable in the body control module, if so only your Ford dealer would be able to do so. Ask your local dealer. You may have to get them to plug into your vehicle to see if the option exists.
ozlegend4770, Australia Car Mechanic
Experience: Having been in the Automotive Industry no for over 24 years, I can help you out.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

My local dealer are not sure about this as well !!!

Does the vehicle have climate control?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

No climate control but I think I found the solution:

The aircon was set on max and then started automatically when I started the bakkie

so I just move the knob one up and now it doesn't start automatically.

But I have another question: The park lights comes on automatically when I start the

bakkie and stays on even if I switch the lights to 'off'. How can I get the park lights not to stay on when I'm driving?

Thanks for the help so far