Curtis, Australia Car Mechanic
Experience:  Qualified Automotive Mechanic, LPG & Airconditioning Diagnostic Technician.

How do i change a timing belt on a holden barina 2001

how do i change a timing belt on a holden barina 2001
Ensure the crank is set at top dead centre and the camshafts do not move when replacing the belt. You can try locking them into position using a shifter to hold them in place. Be sure to mark all sprockets and timing marks.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
do I need to take off engine mount ? Do I need special tool for any thing does it tension by water pump ,how much tension does it require ?
The engine mount will require removal. Special tool will not be required. The correct tension for the belt is obtained by turning the tensioner off set allen key anti clockwise till the tensioner pointer points to the new belt setting.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
g day Curtis thanks for the help I started pulling apart ,and well you see the symptom was like a bearing /pulley noise'' quite loud too .its a young friends car and a garage told her the T belt needs replacing so I thought it must be the T belt tensioner pulley ,however I had my eye on the alternator and or the belt tensioner but thought the the T belt was still on the cards.
so with out really looking at it I looked at getting a manual but ended up going to this site.
anyway the timing belt looks really good so i took off the alt belt checked the tensioner pulley then the alternator and it was as raw as so thats where the noise is .It was then that I noticed a T belt changed sticker ... could hardly read it but the car has done
16100kms maybe 1 more often do T belts on these need replacing? I'm going to go ahead and accept your Answer now as you answered it well ! I'm a fencer and I'm really busy did nt look at it properly ,not your fault mate also I'm a Jehovah's witness and we believe in treating others as we would like to be treated (the golden rule taught by Jesus)the don't you agree the world would be a better place if every one did this ? anyway all the best mate Kim