Curtis, Australia Car Mechanic
Experience:  Qualified Automotive Mechanic, LPG & Airconditioning Diagnostic Technician.

Nissan: its 40,000km service, the clutch pedal..hatch..stick..bled

A couple of hours after its 40,000km service, the clutch pedal on my Nissan Tiida( 2006) hatch started to stick. Since then the service station has bled the hydraulic system seven times and noticed air blockages each time. Still the problem continues. The mechanics say it is the "weird French hydraulic system" . The car is just out of warantee. Please help as they say I might have to have the whole clutch system renewed.
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Curtis replied 5 years ago.
Before replacing the hydraulic system sometimes bleeding using a vacuum blessed and also pressure bleeding with the engine running can rectify air locks in the hydraulic system. Be sure this has been done first.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Thanks for the prompt answer Curtis. I'll tell the service people to do just that on Monday.

Do you think that the 40,000 km service could have caused the problem in the first place? could they have loosened something or caused the leak in the hydraulic system.

I had been driving the car for nearly 4 years without any clutch sticking occurring... it seems a bit too much of a coincidence.