Lurch
Lurch, Aftermarket & Factory Electronics
Experience:  Ford, Chev Cert, Heavy Line Mech, Mobile Electronics.Sales, Installation & Repair for 30 years.
1609972

Remove the radio from a 1996 Toyota Hiace

Customer Question

How do I remove the radio from a 1996 Toyota Hiace? (Australian Right Hand Drive)
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Lurch replied 4 years ago.

Does your dash look like this?:

graphic

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

No the moulding around the radio extends around the speedo as well.

Expert:  Lurch replied 4 years ago.

sorry........will relist.
You do not have to respond.
If someone else has info, they will post it here

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Here is a photo for you.graphic
Expert:  Lurch replied 4 years ago.

Thank you for the great photo........

I am aware of the other dash, but cannot remember or find procedure to remove.
I thought there was a screw inside the Vents & Guages & the dash snaps off, but I cannot remember.

If the Radio in the picture is "not" Factory & is Aftermarket
I suspect that the radio has a small trim plate going around the face & once removed, insertion of small flat tools on each side should release the radio to pull it out thru the front, so you would not need to remove the dash if replacing with same size

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Hi sorry to take so long to reply as I was called away for a while. The radio is an after market but is fastened in the same way as the original radio was. So therefore the dash panel still needs to come off first. It has a screw above the air vents and another above the speedo guage. But not sure about the right hand bottom corner as it seems to be fastened on under the surounding dashboard some how.
Expert:  Lurch replied 4 years ago.

Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX stay Opted out & will relist.
You do not have to respond.

sorry