James, Australia Car
Experience:  MTA 6 years automotive 4 years mining

how do you remove cover assembly of a 2004 vz calais console

Customer Question

how do you remove cover assembly of a 2004 vz calais console to put the leather trim back from auto gear lever that has come off
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  James replied 7 years ago.
. theres a screw under the radio housing at the bottom of that section then there should be a screw under the cup holder or compartment depending on what one you have then you may have a screw inside your center console then the whole section pops out and you will need to disconect the plug that plugs the electric window switches in.....the shifter housing pops up from the glove box end first and the is pulled back towards the rear of the car shouldnt need to force it at any this all you need to know ?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
this is the top assembly cover of the console-there is no cup holer and I,m struggling to find any screws at all
Expert:  James replied 7 years ago.
this may help you
basically the consoles are all the same apart from the cup holden and some had a smokers pack ..all attached the same way the main diffrence in the models is the climate controll function. <br /><br />that link i send you has a step by step removall of console

if the link didnt work click on this one
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I've managed to remove screw under the radio housing at the bottom but I can"t find screw to the compartment- the compartment has a lid,does the compartment pull out
Expert:  James replied 7 years ago.
sorry my mistake i was unsure so i pulled on apart there is no screw 99.9% sure in your car under the center compartment