Matt, EFI Specialist
Experience:  15 yrs in EFI parts sales and diagnostics, Auto Electronics repair, equipment sales and training
13176143

Holden vx commodore air bag light comming..fault code

holden vx commodore air bag light comming on fault code sdm internal fault have replaced problem still there
Category: Australia Car
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Relist: No answer yet.
Expert:  Sean636RACQ replied 7 years ago.
HiCustomer Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer. The other Experts and I are working on your answer. By the way, it would help us to know:
- Whats the alternator output at the battery?

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.
Expert:  Matt replied 7 years ago.
Hi.
Are there other dash lights coming on? If so, I would say that your ABS module is at fault. We are seeing a lot of these fail and they knock out the serial data line.
Change-over units are available, contact your nearest Injectronics agent and they will be able to help you out.

Matt.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
matt the only other light on is traction control off light shutting that system down only sometimes i have removed abs modual already it is away at present for testing at anything electrical in nelson nz they repair these units thankyou for your reply soon as i get it back i will let you know i did suspect that this could be the problem the voltage output is 14.3 volts seems to be regulated well cheersCustomer
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Hi Sean the voltage output is 14.3 volts acceptable regulation i would exspect cheersCustomer
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Hi Matt do you have any more idea's appears abs moduel is ok perhaps instument panel could be curupt have you come across this fault codes present. no abs data. sdm fault logged. abs/etc fault logged. All of these codes instument panel. abs . spark retard monitoring data link. tps signal. srs no fault codes bcm no faut codes engine no fault codes trans no fault codes. Lights that stay on srs and traction regards XXXXX XXXXX
Expert:  Matt replied 7 years ago.
This is really a strange problem and I haven't had this combination of codes come up before.
In just about every other case I can think of when strange things like this happen it turns out to be ABS module. I suppose it could be possible that you have an instrument cluster fault, as this has it's own control unit inside.
Other than that, I can only suggest a break in the wire that handles serial data.

Good luck, I hope you sort out your problem soon!

Matt.
Matt, EFI Specialist
Experience: 15 yrs in EFI parts sales and diagnostics, Auto Electronics repair, equipment sales and training
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Hi Matt will this problem has had me pulling my hair out a lot of hours waisted due to my crazy idear's of fitting secound hand goods. Yes faulty sdm fitted after fitting new unit problem sorted sorry forgot to mention this a big lesson lernt thanks matt for your help and its nice to be able to get feed back from you guys regardsCustomer