Tim's Auto Repair
Tim's Auto Repair, Mechanic
Experience:  own shop 25yrs
14541291

We replaced the thermostat/timing belt but didn't use a cam

we replaced the thermostat/timing belt but didn't use a cam bar. it has now moved out of sync. Also we found the cam pad was cracked SO we need to replace the cam pad and todo timing. I can't get specifics for the torque specifications though.
JA: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to go over that information regarding your Audi. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?
Customer: the cam chain is now loose by about 1/2 an inch. we've also tried putting it back in place counter clockwise and won't move the realign. fyi. I meant putting the cam shaft back in place but will not budge.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
change of plans. the cam pad did not get replaced. I guess I'm looking for the whole process (with pictures) of the cam removal and putting it back in. I'd need torque specifications and pinning and how to get the timing back in since. Hope this helps.

Hi, My name is ***** ***** for the delay.
I will do my best to assist you.

what is the year,make and model
?

what engine do you have?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
A6 V8 2004 audi quattro, 4.2 L8Typ 4FI was hoping for diagrams since I'm not 100% familiar with all the part names. I wasn't quite on mark with my first question. Replacing the cam pad without removing the whole dang thing would be nice.

stand by..i will upload what i have..this may take a few minutes

PLEASE COPY AND PASTE the link below to your browser, I have uploaded more info on this there. please copy and paste the link below to your main browser[INTERNET EXPLORER ,Chrome or Firefox.]

.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/aqcldi21fuvgtcb/0516-a6-Camshafts%20and%20camshaft%20adjusters.doc?dl=0

.

if the link doesn’t work that way, try it this way

thanks

.

www.dropbox.com/s/aqcldi21fuvgtcb/0516-a6-Camshafts%20and%20camshaft%20adjusters.doc?dl=0

.

If you are satisfied with my answer, Please Rate my answer by clicking the rating button so I can get credit for my work. I’m not always going to be giving you good news, so please don't let this stand in the way of you accepting my answer. .it does not cost you more money and we will still be able to communicate, ,.please understand, i can not see, hear or touch the vehicle and only know what you tell me. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated.. if you are not satisfied with my answer, please do not leave bad feed back ,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question. .if i have sent any diagrams, please print them. .sometimes you may need to right click the image [,then save picture as]to save it to your computer so you can open it with your picture program...Please ask if you need more help

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I will show this to my partner then get back to you. i took a peek. i think it's what we are looking for :) Will let you know asap!

ok

great

thanks

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I could not find it right away but does this include the cam pad replacement procedure?

yes,,i uploaded the cam procedure and also the timing

thanks

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thank you so much. Just waiting for feedback from my partner as soon as he sees it i can review. Then I believe your rating will be 5 stars for this! Much a appreciated. And I took a look, i believe this is what we are looking for. Thank you!

you are very welcome