Chris (aka - Moose)
Chris (aka - Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Why is this question not being taken? Is it poorly asked?

Why is this question not being taken? Is it poorly asked?2005 Audi Allroad 4.2 running poorly and has codes 0340 and 0345.Pulled the engine to check the timing... 2 Chain guides are broken, otherwise things look fairly good. Trying to determine what to do next to get this car back up and going! Are those two broken guides sufficient to have allowed timing to jump? Little bit of slack in one of the chains, tensioners seem to be working well. I want some insight from Audi Mechanic on next steps?Car has a separate issue with intake flap

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose), my normal schedule online is around lunch and after dinner till early morning.

When the guides are broken this can result in the timing chain flopping which can result in it jumping time. In this case it is best to replace the guides, tensioners, and chains.

Please read this:

1. Understand it's not one answer and done. We can communicate back and forth many times.
  2. I do not work at or for Just Answer. You and I can only communicate on this page.
  3. When you're pleased or happy with my answer or efforts to help you. At the top of the screen please rate me or reply and say ( I'm pleased.)
  4. When I help you I am only paid from your question value deposit when you rate me on this screen. Rating does not close the post and you're more than welcome to follow up.

Thanks for using Just Answer, Chris

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Okay - thank you! So my plan is to check and see if the timing is off currently - and if it is move ahead with chains, guides, tensioners. If it's NOT off currently, something else is causing the above listed codes that I need to track down before reinstalling engine?

Do you need the diag steps for these codes?

Hello again Chris here,

1. I have to assume you were not pleased with my help, because you have not replied or rated the post.
  2. What would you like to do regarding your question now?
  3. Do you still need help? Please reply I want you to get equal to or more than what you paid for.
  4. This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. That can prevent me from being able to post answers to your replies.

Thanks Chris

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Haha! No, I wasn't unhappy with your answer - just been crazy busy!

Thanks