Chris (aka - Moose)
Chris (aka - Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

I have an audi 2008 2.0 turbo wont start dash lights are all

Customer Question

I have an audi 2008 2.0 turbo wont start dash lights are all lit up PRND changed battery still wont start came back a few hours later started. drove it around try to start this morning it wont code po658
JA: Have you checked the fuses? The dashboard bulbs?
Customer: no
JA: Are you fixing your 200 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: it has been trouble starting only starts when it wants went into limp mode and we changed number 3 coil pac helped then next day wont start. changed batter
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Audi
Expert:  Chris (aka - Moose) replied 2 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose), my normal schedule online is around lunch and after dinner till early morning.

Will it at the least crank?

Will it crank in neutral if it will not in park?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Hi it cranks in neutral and started its starting now but not confident it's going to start all the time

Thanks,

Since it now has started in neutral. The issue may be a transmission range sensor not always showing the shifter is in park to allow starting.

Please read this:

1. Understand it's not one answer and done. We can communicate back and forth many times.
  2. I do not work at or for Just Answer. You and I can only communicate on this page.
  3. When you're pleased or happy with my answer or efforts to help you. At the top of the screen please rate me or reply and say ( I'm pleased.)
  4. When I help you I am only paid from your question value deposit when you rate me on this screen. Rating does not close the post and you're more than welcome to follow up.

Thanks for using Just Answer, Chris

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Car would start today did try it in neutral

Do you need help diagnosing?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Car won't start what's my next step check fuses ?which ones ?

At this time will it crank in park and neutral or not crank in park and neutral?

If fuses are or were blown then there would be a short that we need to find. If this is an intermittent issue then it is not fuses.