peterpete190
peterpete190, Technician
Experience:  Auto Technician with more then 17 years ecperience.Past ASE and other certifications.
14928985

I dont have the original key fob for my 2004 Audi A4 and it

Customer Question

I dont have the original key fob for my 2004 Audi A4 and it says "Safe" in the spot where my mileage is. And my car will start but die down. How do i get it out of Safe Mode?
JA: Have you checked the fob's battery?
Customer: There is no fob its just a key.
JA: Are you fixing your A4 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Today i put 6 new spark plugs and replaced 1 of the coils
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: The power steering fluid leaked all the way out this morning. And it was green. I just bought the car yesterday and i drove okay just trying to fix the misfiring.
Category: Audi
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 2 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Usually what has to be done here is a key fob obtained and programmed by a dealer to correct this fault.This way you can disable the theft system to start the vehicle.Unfortunately I do not see a bypass myself on this here to get this model to start without this fob disarming the system.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete