peterpete190
peterpete190, Technician
Experience:  Auto Technician with more then 17 years ecperience.Past ASE and other certifications.
14928985

I have a 2006 Audi A4 cabriolet that won't start. My

Customer Question

Hi! I have a 2006 Audi A4 cabriolet that won't start. My boyfriend got home yesterday and parked it. Two hours later when we were going out, the car didn't start. No crank or sound. Electric was ok, radio and lights were on. We tried it again last night when we came back and no it's com,pletely dead. Tried jump starting thinking it's the batter this morning and nothing. Still dead. Check all fuses on drivers side panel box and they're all good. Nothing blown. Help please!
Category: Audi
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 5 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

If you can I would have the battery tested.A local parts store will usually test it at no charge to you.If you have a battery with a dead or shorted cell this can cause this fault here and the battery would need replaced.You can have power to electronics but a no start due to low amperage in the battery and the battery may become dead as it sits like this here.I would also have the battery cables checked at and leading from the battery for any corrosion or damage needing repaired or replaced.I have seen this cause this issue as well here.But this does sound like the battery or cables at fault here needing corrected.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hi Pete! Thanks for your time and assistance. Glad to meet you :)
How do I remove the battery? Sorry, but you have an entry level mechanic here, and is my first time trying.

Hello,nice to meet you as well.

You have to remove the covering as shown below underneath the windshield.There may be clips or screws that hold it in place that need removed to then access the battery cables to remove them and the battery hold down retainer/bolt.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8qmc57nl0yt2mvx/co-12-30.gif?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6ikx9cgsbbbdcum/batt-12-30.gif?dl=0

Remove the negative cable then the positive then remove the hold down clamp bolt ( #4) and lift out and remove the battery.First check and see if the cables are just loose or corroded needing cleaned and tightened in any way.

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here as this is how I receive credit for my time.Your 5 star rating is appreciated

Thanks Pete