trung do
trung do,
Experience:  journeyman technician at stevens creek toyota
96884327

I have a mis fire on cylinder3 a p2293 code changed coil

Customer Question

I have a mis fire on cylinder3 a p2293 code changed coil pack and plugs still have same codes
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact code? And have you tried to reset it?
Customer: p0303
JA: What is the model/year of your Audi?
Customer: 2013 a4 2.0
JA: Are you fixing your A4 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: coil pack , spark plugs
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: spark plugs have carbon #3 is wet gas
Category: Audi
Expert:  trung do replied 3 months ago.

HI THIS IS TRUNG WILL BE HELPING YOU TODAY . MAY I ASK WHICH BRAND IGNITION COIL DID U REPLACE IT WITH .

Expert:  trung do replied 3 months ago.

DO YOU STILL NEED FURTHER HELP

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
just saw your response car quest coil pack also swopped #3 with #4 still misfire on #3
Expert:  trung do replied 3 months ago.

HAVE A TRY THE IGNITION COIL REMOVE WITH THE SPARK PLUG REMOVE AND ATTACH THE TWO TOGETHER AND CRANKING THE ENGINE TO SEE IF IT FIRE ? IF IT DOSN'T FIRE THEN U KNOW IT THE ELECTRICALL ISSUE . DO U NEED ME HELP WITH THIS TEST

Expert:  trung do replied 3 months ago.

IF YOU DOING THIS TEST THE END OF THE SPARK PLUG NEED TO BE GROUNDED TO A GOOD GROUND ANY METAL SURFACE WILL DO

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
the coil's electrical connector is on a rail with the other 3. i would have to unplug all coil packs pull the 3 plug to do the test
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I'll try that
Expert:  trung do replied 3 months ago.

YES THAT IS ONLY WAY THE RAIL CONNECOTR ALL FOUR TOGETHER . BUT IF YOU CAN REMOVE COIL AND SPARK PLUG ON NUMBER 3 WOULD BE BEST . WE JUST NEED TO VERIFY IF THERE SPARK HAPPEN BEFORE WE PROCESS

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
ok
Expert:  trung do replied 3 months ago.

CAUSE WET FUEL IN AT THE SPARK PLUG USUALLY TELLING ME IS NOT FIRING OR THE INJECTOR IS DUMBING EXCESSIVE FUEL INTO THE CHAMBER CAUSING MISFIRE ALSO

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
do you think a clogged fuel filter could cause this. that was going to be my next try filter is in tank
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
the other three plugs are black
Expert:  trung do replied 3 months ago.

CLOG FUEL FILTER WOULD NOT CAUSE EXCESSIVE FUEL IN THE ENGINE , WHAT THE VEHICLE MILAGE .

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
45000
Expert:  trung do replied 3 months ago.

I WOULD NOT THINK CLOG FILTER WILL CAUSE UR ISSUE ON THIS ISSUE . CAUSE SEEM LIKE FUEL IS GETTING IN THE CHAMBER NUMBER 3 MAKING THE PLUG 3

Expert:  trung do replied 3 months ago.

DID U NEED ANY FURTHER HELP

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Think i'll take to the dealer
Expert:  trung do replied 3 months ago.

Please let me know if you need anything else on it, just reply back and we will continue
If you are good, Please Kindly Rate Me.
A 5 Star Rating is much Appreciated
If you feel I have not been helpful Please DO NOT RATE ME BAD OR POOR (1 or 2 stars) ,You can always ask me again or I can opt out of your question & open it for another expert ,that will provide you with more or better assistance on this issue
Please keep in mind that when you rate me , it does not end our conversation.
you can always come back to this conversation and ask me any follow up question you may have on this issue
(you can copy this link page & paste it in your browser when ready and it will open up our conversation again)
Thank You
TRUNG DO
?ASE CERTIFIED TECHNICIAN