internal88
internal88, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing Audi vehicles for over 15 years. I specialized in German diagnostic.
63512786

I have a 2010 Audi A5 2.0 with a 12V 520 A 110 AH and

Customer Question

I have a 2010 Audi A5 2.0 with a 12V 520 A 110 AH and 850CCA. Do I have to replace it with an "Authentic Audi batter" way to much info on the internet to believe who is telling the truth. After market as : Bosch, Duracell, Die hard etc does not have the exact match.
JA: Are you fixing your A5 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes I am. I have been in the auto business for 38 years (heavy trucks) and I have already taken the battery out plus hooked up a battery source so I would not lose any settings. Old school always said to put in a higher output for older vehicles however this one only has 27,000 miles and been Garage kept so I thought I would replace it with the same amp unit. Retired and not wanting to send 350plus at the dealership.
JA: Have you checked all the fuses? Do you have a wiring diagram?
Customer: yes everything is OK other than battery pulling down when starting. Just happened this week. nothing on the MMI says we have a problem and the Alternator charges at 14.3 volts.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: That should do it.
Submitted: 11 days ago.
Category: Audi
Expert:  internal88 replied 11 days ago.

Hello, I'm Brandon - Audi tech.

You could use an aftermarket battery without any issue.

Please rate me positive, thank you!

You could get a Bosch, Duralast or Die Hard if you preferred.