Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH
Experience:  30 YRS EXPERIENCE, FOREIGN AND DOMESTIC, GAS AND DEISEL
17454363

How do I reset the sunroof on my 2015 Audi S8?

Customer Question

how do I reset the sunroof on my 2015 Audi S8?
Category: Audi
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 3 months ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** is the procedure for resetting the roof,Tim

ignition off

remove the osf dash end cap where the fuse box lives and there at the side of the fuse box lives the release tool

On the front cross member above the interior mirror there is a square plastic blank

flick the blank out and insert the tool until the cog engages the motor and turn the red part of the tool handle to engage the tool into the motor

turn the tool anti clockwise to release the top locks and the roof will pop up a bit

Remove the tool and get a second person to lift the roof slowly from the opposite side of the vehicle until front section of the roof is pointing upwards and at the same time lift the rear part of the roof up.

Second person hold the roof in this position and pop the rear seat centre section out

The tool is needed again and it locates inside the ski hatch facing upwards

push the tool upwards again until you locate the motor and repeat the process for the front lock

the roof box will pop up and you need to lift the lid upright and slowly allow the roof to collapse into the storage box

close the lid and lock the motor with the tool then unlock the motor

lift the lid and lift the roof slowly until the front section is pointing at the sky and then shut the lid down and lock the motor

Allow the front section to drop into the front locks and lock the motor

the roof has been opened and closed so the lock micro switches should have reset.

Turn the engine on and open the roof fully then close it fully and that's should do it

if the operation is still faulty then there is a fault

Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 3 months ago.

Please dont forget to rate me, so I can get credit for helping,Thanks,Tim

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Hi Tim, thanks for your response. I knew there was a much, much simpler way than your solution, just couldn't remember it. Finally did remember it. For your reference: Put the sunroof in the closed position. Turn key on. Pull the sunroof lever down for 15 seconds. Done.
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 3 months ago.

that is a soft reset, the one I gave you was the hard reset, what problems were you having with it?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Sunroof moved but didn't do the right things. Works perfectly now
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 3 months ago.

great, glad you got it fixed,Tim

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Hi Tim, I don't plan to give you a rating. You may have technically provided an answer (hard reset) but it wasn't the right/best answer as only a soft reset fixed the problem. Please have the please rate emails being set to me.Ken