Gary
Gary, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Senior Technician
84449473

Audi A4 With Codes P0300-P0304, P2177, P0506.

Customer Question

2011 Audi A4 Quattro is throwing codes P0300-P0304, P2177 and P0506. I just changed the PCV and it ran great for about a hour, now its consistently rough at idle with the codes.
I changed the PCV, it ran and idled well for an hour but while driving to work I stopped at a stop light and started idling rough.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Audi
Expert:  Gary replied 1 month ago.

Hi there,

You should address the misfire on cylinder no. 4 for P0304.

So swap all the small components, injector, spark plug and coil to other 3 cylinders, clear the codes and see which cylinder reappears.

Hopefully you have a faulty part as above, and not a PCM or wiring fault.

Gary

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I'm getting misfires on all cylinders P0300, P0301, P0302, P0303, P0304 but that's only at idle.
When I rev the engine above 1000 RPM's and the CEL light goes off and the engine runs smooth.
Expert:  Gary replied 1 month ago.
I would be looking for an unmeasured air leak after the MAF.So could be anything, a cracked duct, a cracked purge hose, a stuck open purge solenoid etc etc.

Gary