Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems
Experience:  Owner at Carolina Auto Service & Sales , 20 years Experience in Foreign & Domestic vehicles
45790705

How do I reset the steering angle sender G85 on a 2008

Customer Question

How do I reset the steering angle sender G85 on a 2008 passat
Category: Audi
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I'm getting that code on my scanner for some reason when I turn hard that's when I get it every time it'll reset every time I try but I continue to come back
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 3 months ago.

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

Hey how are you

This is done using a VW scanner or equivalent .

you can try a manual way, sometimes it work .

Disconnect battery for 15 minutes , reconnect ,start car ,turn steering wheel to extreme left and then extreme right and that back in the middle .

start in the middle center steering wheel , turn extreme left & then extreme right then back to the middle

then do for a test drive .

The scanner don t have to be a really fancy scanner , now days most shops will have the scanner to do the steering angle calibration

Please let me know if you need anything else on it, just reply back and we will continue

If you are good, Please Kindly Rate Me.

A 5 Star Rating is much Appreciated

If you feel I have not been helpful Please DO NOT RATE ME BAD OR POOR (1 or 2 stars) ,You can always ask me again or I can opt out of your question & open it for another expert ,that will provide you with more or better assistance on this issue

Please keep in mind that when you rate me , it does not end our conversation.

you can always come back to this conversation and ask me any follow up question you may have on this issue

(you can copy this link page & paste it in your browser when ready and it will open up our conversation again)

Thank You
Chad Farhat