Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems
Experience:  Owner at Carolina Auto Service & Sales , 20 years Experience in Foreign & Domestic vehicles
45790705

My A4 started to shake when accelerating,then engine light

Customer Question

Hi! My A4 started to shake when accelerating,then engine light flashing. Today, the engine light has come on without flashing... not sure what it could be.
JA: Just to clarify, can you tell me which light it is? And does it blink first, then stay on steady?
Customer: It's the engine light. It was blinking before, now it is just a steady light.
JA: What is the make/model/year of your car?
Customer: I think it is the Audi/A4/ 2007/2008
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: haven't tried anything... I've just stopped driving the car as I am not too sure what it could be.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: That's pretty much it.
Category: Audi
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 7 months ago.

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

hey how are you

1- the flashing check engine is A Random Multiple Misfire ,telling you need to stop because that will cause catalytic or engine damage.

2- light staying on after flash ,telling you the fault exit but you can drive it if not flashing.

3- You will need a factory scanner or equivalent to retrieve fault codes

4-Most likely You need a set of Spark plugs & Ignition coils , buy from ebay as a tune up set be the cheapest for you, now i cant confirm for you with out fault codes, if the scan turn out to be P0300 DTC( fault code ,most likely that is what you need)

but if you get me some fault code and post them back here and can be more accurate for you

If at any point during our conversation you like to speak to me on the phone ,feel free to ask me or you can request it on the screen at your convenience and I will call you right away.

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

Please let me know if you need anything else on it, just reply back and we will continue

If you are good, Please Kindly Rate Me.

A 5 Star Rating is much Appreciated

If you feel I have not been helpful Please DO NOT RATE ME BAD OR POOR (1 or 2 stars) ,You can always ask me again or I can opt out of your question & open it for another expert ,that will provide you with more or better assistance on this issue

Please keep in mind that when you rate me , it does not end our conversation.

you can always come back to this conversation and ask me any follow up question you may have on this issue

(you can copy this link page & paste it in your browser when ready and it will open up our conversation again)

Thank You
Chad Farhat